Friday, September 24, 2010

Five Friday Fun Facts

1. I might mention a lot that Eme is a "weanie." She complains constantly that everything hurts and that she needs stuff. But truth be told, that girl is tough! We went to the zoo today, just the girls and I, and she walked the entire Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. She's two. None of my other kids could do that at two. She never complained (until we reached the parking lot on our way out). In fact, I never would have even attempted this without a stroller when my others were this age. Never.

2. We gave away three baby kitties today! I picked the boys up at their co-op, mentioned that we had kitties that we were getting rid of tomorrow, and within an hour, three of them were gone. Masyn didn't handle it so well. She sat on the front steps, very teary-eyed, and watched them go. She was relieved that her "favorite" is still here, but I told her again that tomorrow, she would be gone as well. We'll see how that goes.

3. Masyn has learned how to play computer games! I can get her set up, and she is happy for an hour! She's a pretty smart little cookie. I think she'll be ready for kindergarten next year, even though she'll still be four--not sure how we're going to do that one.

4. I'm way too happy about the new fall t.v. schedule. I think I'm truly addicted to television. Good thing we don't have cable, because at least with just four channel's, I'm fairly limited. Oh, how I love September!

5. I'm contemplating taking the girls and flying to Portland for a weekend. Not only does one of my dearest friends (Becky) live there, but new, true friends as well. While traveling to Ethiopia to pick up Eme, we met another family picking up their new four-year-old daughter at the same time. We have struggled together over the past eight months, and I told Kent that it would be good for "us girls" to take a trip together and to reconnect with people who have been with us from the beginning of this difficult journey. I'm looking into tickets for different weekends, but as of yet, it's not affordable. I'm sure we'll come across a "deal" in the future, and make it work for the three of us. I'm actually excited about it. For me. For Masyn. And especially for Eme, to see one of her friends again. I doubt she'll actually remember her, but it will be worth a try, and from what I've heard, the two of them will give each other a run for their money! :) Maybe we'll sell tickets. :)

1 comment:

Tisha said...

What do you like to watch? The only one I make sure I see is Grey's Anatomy. I might like to add a new show or 2 to the evening schedule - something to look forward to :)
Recommendations?