Friday, May 5, 2017

In a Nut Shell

May.  That time of year that I find myself continually checking the calendar to make sure that I am prepared for whatever we have going on the next day.  I tell myself not to even think about the things that need doing--just do them.  Without question or hesitation. If I hesitate, I am able to talk myself out of things, and end up on the couch binge watching "Gilmore Girls" on Netflix when I should most definitely be attending to something else.

I see that weeks and months go by without me posting anything, and it disappoints me greatly.  I mean, I have been chronicling our lives for so many years, that I would just hate to give up on it now.  I love going back year after year and seeing what we were doing.  What the kids were saying.  What was important.  And I hate the idea of so many gaps there in between.

So, here is another "fill in" on the last gap, and then I plan to be much more consistent in posting once again.

In April, Peyton Elementary School held its first annual Father Daughter Dinner Dance.  I was the photographer, and basically, the whole family helped (Jay Henry and his friend Luke played the music during dinner and Trevor was my assistant).  Only poor Masyn ended up at home alone with a high fever and feeling miserable.  It was a great success.  Eme had a wonderful time, and looked absolutely stunning in her dress.




They hope to make this an annual event.

And of course, Baseball Season has begun.  We love baseball season.



We are in the throes of finishing up school here at home.  We have completed our science curriculum for the year, and are taking our field trip to the Denver Aquarium on Wednesday (pictures to come).  We finished history as well, and just have math, grammar, and Literature to complete.  It's been a great year.  I love that each day looks just a little bit different than the day before.  Masyn's days always involve a baby or a stuffed animal.  Trevor's always involves a gadget it fiddle with.




 We are still having snow days.  Boo.  This one involved roasting marshamallows in the house.  Always a treat (practically bribery since we should not still be having snow days in May!!).
And that is life.  In the next few weeks we will be experiencing the following:

Multiple Baseball Games
Multiple Field Trips
Multiple parties
Eme's birthday
Youth Symphony Concert
PHS Concert
Youth Symphony Auditions
Doctor's Appointments
Dentist's Appointments
End of the Year Stuff
Trips

So much good.  So much to post.  I will be better-- I promise.

No comments: